This is a Kabsa that will impress anyone who tastes it. Even your pickiest eaters!
Instant pot method for making Kabsa.
- 2 lbs of boneless chicken cut into medium-sized cubes ( I mix breast and thigh meat),
- 2 cups of basmati rice, washed, soaked for at least 30 minutes, and rinsed,
- 2 cups of water,
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil + 1 Tbsp of ghee ( ghee is optional but adds amazing taste to Kabsa),
- 3 cups of Basmati long grain rice,
- 1 medium -big finely chopped tomatoes,
- 1 Green bell pepper- chopped or sliced
- 1 medium- big finely chopped onions,
- 2 Tbsp of tomato paste,
- 1 small lemon juice,
- 1 tsp of garlic ginger paste,
- 1 tbsp mixed Kabsa spices
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick,
- 2 bay leaves,
- 4 cardamons,
- 2 dry lemons (Lumi) pierced,
- 2 cubes or 1 Tbsp of veggie stock ( optional),
- salt & pepper to taste.
For the Dakkous Sauce:
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- 1 small green chili pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 Tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 bunch of choped cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- 1/2 Tsp salt
Add all the spices with the chicken, tomato, water, etc. Place on beef stew and time it to 20 minutes. Once finished, add the rice and set for another 12 minutes on Rice.